Relocating or moving to a new place sounds like a stressful task and will also turn out to be one if you do not select an efficient and reliable Movers’ services. Fairfax Moving Company has earned its reputation in the State of Virginia for its reliable, timely and proficient services. We are a family owned firm and our services reputation in the industry has been a reward for our ten years of unblemished services.
We expertise in cross-country moving, local shifting needs, also storage requirements if the customer asks for it. We follow a customer-centric approach; all our services are can be customized according to the clients’ needs because we hold that every shifting requirement is as unique as the customer.
Our customers have come back to us every time for their relocation needs and we have been recommended often for our dependability, steadfastness, affordability, timeliness and proficient workflow. We follow an organized system of working and stick to this systematic approach so that our clients can relocate absolutely carefree.
Fairfax Movers provide both commercial and residential moving solutions and our services are tailored to meet the clients’ requirements. Our well-trained staffs give importance to your time and demonstrate quickness in their job with care.
We are well-connected and have a knowhow of the roads in and out of Virginia. Therefore more people have opted for our moving and shifting services in the recent past and recommended with satisfaction.
Fairfax Moving Tips
After you have made calls taken estimates and finalized the movers you want to assist you in relocation there are many more jobs left. You need to systematize your packing plans and it should also take into consideration the amount of time required. Here are a few guidelines for you to follow, so that your packing and moving becomes a hassle-free experience:
Packing and wrapping:
• First prepare a list of the different articles you need to pack
• Categorize these articles on any one of the following criteria:
1. Size of the articles
2. Utilization of articles (kitchen goods, toiletries etc.)
3. Fragile and unbreakable goods
• Start your packing on the basis of the chosen criteria
• Take a measurement tape and size-up all the voluminous goods (Don’t forget to take these details down in a paper)
• Buy packing boxes or other wrapping materials on the basis of the sizing details
• If you are unconfident about your ability to handle fragile or heavy items, employ a helper or a packing agency
• Paste the list of items inside all packing boxes and do not seal them in the beginning, you might re-shuffle the goods many a times
• A week before you move out cross-check the list and the articles in the boxes and seal them two days before your relocation
• Arrange a bag with a few clothes, toiletries and other everyday use items. This will help you carry on comfortably before you unpack and organize the space you are shifting to
• Keep checking with the movers as they prepare the inventory to avoid any disagreement at a later stage
• Keep a bag or box empty to stuff things finally on the last day before you moving out
• Defrost and clean the refrigerator 24 hours before you wrap it. Make certain that it is absolutely dry
• Change of address should be informed to all your acquaintances and other organizations where a this formality has to be completed
• Make certain that you have collected all your tax and transfer related documents from your workplace
• Carry out the formalities required for the transfer of school for your kids, fetch all the required documents and ensure their timely submission
• Read about the new locality you are shifting to and if you are moving to a new city find out about the culture, lifestyle and governmental administration in details
• Get your insurance papers and driving license alteration carried out in time
• Keep receipts of all that you are sharing or donating
• Make sure you have returned all the books, movie CDs or money that you borrowed and also collected all that you lent out
• Call and conform the date and time of arrival of the movers
• Complete all the bank related formalities of shifting or closing accounts or emptying the lockers etc.
• All medical and dental records should be collected and kept in proper files.
• Organize for the disconnection of utilities and also ensure connection of the same at the new space
• Find out about the best and reliable utility service providers, by reviewing and asking the locals of the area you are shifting to
• Make sure you give them the right date for the disconnection as well as connection all important services of gas, cable, garbage collection etc.
• Pets and plants should also be taken care of, their relocation also well-planned
• Get rid of all the hazardous stuffs and old paints etc.
Final Day Moves:
• Remind the movers of the time and be with them throughout as they carry out the inventory, load the articles
• Confirm the date of delivery with them and don’t forget to collect the receipt
• Carry out the final drill across all sections of the house, including the attic, garage, basement
• Check all the cabinets and drawers
• Lock all the windows and doors, before dropping the keys with the responsible person
Prepare In Advance: Move ahead of your estimated time, it will be beneficial. Be geared up for emergencies. You can never pre-determine any kind of crisis.
Enlist All That You Can: Make lists of all the diverse tasks that you have to complete; the various things you have to pack; the materials in the different packed boxes; all the documents you need to arrange for etc. The more you chart out the easier the implementation will be.
Reminders: Set reminders for all the tasks that you have to complete in a particular day and plan it accordingly. Place reminders even to remind others like the movers, utility service providers etc.